6/21/2013

16 Month Progress Photos With My Toronto Invisalign


I am currently 16 months into my Invisalign treatment and so incredibly happy with the results so far! As promised, I posted progress photos. The first set of pictures is what my teeth originally looked like in January 2012 and the second set is from June 2013. I used to be very self conscious about my front two upper teeth (centrals) overlapping because it would look funny in pictures.  It's now come to a point that they look almost straight! Although they are still overlapped, it definitely isn't  as noticeable anymore! My lower anterior teeth have changed so much. Many of my friends/family/co workers are also noticing the changes and are very happy with the results (as am I)!

Keep in mind that due to my pre-existing root resorption, Dr. Tam has decided to move my teeth at a bit of a slower rate to minimize any future damage.  Still, he felt it was safe enough for me to go on a 10 day cycle.  This makes me SO happy and excited knowing that my teeth will be almost perfect at the end of the year! I am really close to having that perfect smile that I have been so anxiously waiting for! Below are the photos! 


January 2012 (Initial photos)

Progress photos (16 months in). June 2013

What do you think about the progress? It feels great!

Keep smiling! 

=) 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/12/2013

    Wow, looks like a big difference! The bottoms look pretty much finished. You said you had root resorption. Is this genetic or does it happen because of an injury? Does an orthodontist always look for it and tell the patient beforehand if they have it or are at risk? So far are your roots unchanged during treatment? Good luck with the rest of your time in Invisalign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My bottom teeth have definitely shifted a lot! When I was younger I did have a few injuries around my mouth. I only realized I had some root resorption because of the xrays taken prior to ortho treatment. I do have a habit of clenching and grinding on my posterior teeth (when stressed) which can sometimes cause root resorption. I'm assuming with my previous injuries and clenching/grinding, the root resorption occurred. The orthodontist generally takes an xray prior to treatment and can tell you if you have root resorption. Sometimes they might ask you to have a PA xray done from your dentist. A PA gives a clearer image of your root(s). As for my roots, I haven't had an updated xray since I started treatment, so I can't answer that question. Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who uses invisalign. They loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete